Last Modified: 2018-09-29
What Information We Collect About You
We may collect certain user information, including personal information and/or sensitive personal information, in order to improve our Services and processes, engage with customers, comply with legal obligations, monitor the privacy, security and operations of the Services, and conduct staff administration.
Information You Provide Us
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, information about your preferences regarding the Services, transactional information (including payment information and billing address), as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and the Services, and details regarding the use of our Services.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include Services usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, including:
- Usage, Log, and Device Information: We collect information from your use of the website and the Services, such as number of visitors and visits, geo-location data, length of time spent on the website, IP address, pages clicked on, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, and the referral URL. We collect information on user activity in connection with the use of the Product and may collect information about the features you use, the data that is uploaded by your in-home hardware devices, the data that you download from our Product, the data that you access through the use of the Product, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of the Product.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. For instance, we use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, which includes data from interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests), for all of the purposes listed above. Additionally, we may share your information collected by any hardware devices installed in your home with our third-party service providers in order to deliver the Services to you.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information collected through the Services for the purpose of providing the Services, related functionality and services, and engage with you about the Product and other related offerings. The following are examples of how we use the information that we collect:
- To provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Services;
- To enable you to access and use the Services, including sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To provide and deliver the services and features you request, process, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- To communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information about the Company and our select partners;
- To process and deliver survey entries and rewards;
- To review and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- To personalize and improve the Services, and provide content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Services; and
- For other purposes about which we will notify you in advance.
What Information We Share or Disclose to Others:
- Third-Party Service Providers.We may share your information with third-party service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing or as it relates to a Product feature. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to us. We enter into additional data processing agreements with such third-party service providers as required.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information to a third party: (a) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request; (b) to enforce our agreements and policies; (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Services; (d) to protect the Company, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities; (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or (f) as otherwise directed by you.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You may be notified thereafter of any such change in ownership or control.
- Aggregated and/or Anonymized Data. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you. For example, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the personal information, interviews, and other data provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregated data with our agents and business partners. This aggregated information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
How We Store Information
By using and accessing our Services, you understand and agree to the storage of data and any other personal information in the region of which data and information is stored on our third-party service providers’ servers.
How We Secure Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our third-party service providers’ secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment information, transactions and other personal information will be securely stored using encryption technologies, such as SSL.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with any anyone. Please advise us if you believe your password has been compromised in any way. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password to us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Product and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of our disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt out at any time after granting approval, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to email@example.com.
Children Under the Age of 13